1. GENERAL We may collect two types of information from users of our Site: “personally identifiable information” (such as name and e-mail address) and “aggregate information” (such as frequency of visits to the Site, search terms entered, Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, etc.).
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION We collect personally identifiable information that is voluntarily provided by users of the Site when users want to subscribe to our newsletter or would like for a Atlas Distribution Company. representative to contact them. If you want to receive our newsletter, you will be required to provide your e-mail address. If you would like for a Atlas Distribution Company.representative to contact you, you will be required to provide your name, email address and/or telephone number. We use this personally identifiable information to communicate with you about [fill in] and to send you [special offers]
3. COLLECTION AND USE OF AGGREGATE INFORMATION We also collect aggregate information, which is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information, from all users of the Site. Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information. We use aggregate information to help us develop and improve our Site and to improve visitors’ experiences on the Site.
4. COLLECTION AND USE OF IP ADDRESSES In addition, we collect IP addresses to obtain aggregate information on the Site. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by a web server when you are on the web. When you are on our Site, we have a back-end server that logs your computer’s IP address. We only use the information we find out from tracking IP addresses in the aggregate, such as how many users entered a specific area of our Site, and not to track a specific IP address to identify an individual user. However, we may use such information to identify a user if we feel that there are or may be safety and/or security issues or to comply with legal requirements.
5. SHARING, SELLING, AND TRADING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE WITH THIRD PARTIES We will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information collected on the Site to third parties for such parties’ own marketing and promotional purposes In the following circumstances we may share or transfer personally identifiable information collected on the Site to unrelated third parties: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us, (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of our company; or (iv) when we believe it is appropriate to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors to our Site or other persons.
6. SHARING, SELLING AND TRADING AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE WITH THIRD PARTIES We may sell, share or trade compiled aggregate information relating to activity on the Site, with third parties for marketing, research and other purposes. No single person can be identified by such aggregate information.
9. SECURITY We restrict access to personally identifiable information collected from visitors of our Site to our employees who need to know that information in order to provide services to you. In addition, we make reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. IN NO EVENT WILL Atlas Distribution Company. OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENCORS, SUPPLIERS OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE (“RELEASED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF: (I) THIS SITE, YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE; (II) ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE); (III) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (IV) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN THE RELEASED PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. BUSINESS TRANSFERS In the event that we sell substantially all of our assets, or one of our business units is acquired, personally identifiable information of visitors to the Site and aggregate information will likely be one of the transferred assets.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of this Policy on our Site.
13. CORRECTIONS/INFORMATION REMOVAL/OPT-OUT If your name, e-mail address or other personally identifiable information collected during the registration process changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us at Privacy@atlasdistribution.com. If you prefer not to receive marketing e-mails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective.